We wanted to take a moment to update you about our response to the evolving COVID-19 situation. As medical professionals, our responsibility to provide medical care to our patients, while keeping clients and staff safe, is our number one priority. As of March 30, 2020, we will be open Monday- Friday from 8am-5pm and closed Saturday and Sunday. Our staff will be split up into two isolated teams, with only one team in the building at a time. This measure is to help ensure that we could remain open in the unfortunate and unlikely event that one of our team members becomes sick. We will continue to update our clients via email and on our Facebook page. Here are the additional changes that we have made in response to the current situation:
- Scheduled appointments:
- If you have a scheduled appointment, please call from the parking lot when you arrive and remain in your vehicle with your pet.
- A staff member will discuss your concerns and obtain your pets recent health history over the phone.
- At the end of the phone conversation, a staff member will come to the parking lot to bring your pet into the building for evaluation.
- After the medical team evaluates your pet, you will receive a phone call to discuss recommendations and a plan moving forward. Verbal consent for treatment and details surrounding financial estimates will be authorized via this phone call.
- Once your pet's care is complete, a staff member will call you to obtain payment. We can process credit card transactions over the phone, otherwise we can collect cash or check payment when your pet is returned to you in your vehicle.
- Telemedicine/Phone Consultation: We now provide telemedicine medicine service through the Airvet app and are able to offer virtual exams in the instance you are unable to bring your pet to us for care. (Please note, this service can only be utilized for existing patients)
- Elective surgical procedures have been suspended: Due to supply shortages, we will not be scheduling any elective surgeries or dental procedures until further notice.
- Purchasing medication, food and other products:
- If you need to pick up supplies during this time, we ask that you call ahead so that we can have this ready for you prior to your arrival and we can take credit card payment over the phone at this time (cash or check payment will be collected upon pick up).
- Please call the office when you arrive to pick up your items and a staff member will deliver them to your vehicle.
- During this time, we encourage you to utilize our online pharmacy to have your pet’s medications and food delivered right to your door.
- Clients who are ill: We ask that any client that is ill, or has a family member that is ill, please inform our staff prior to scheduling an appointment or picking up items from our hospital. If you are ill and your pet needs medical care, please have someone else bring your pet to us.
- Staff members who are ill: Any staff member who has any of the following symptoms will be asked to stay home:
- Sore throat
- Respiratory issues
- Boarding and grooming services: With the anticipation of limited staffing numbers during this time, we have decided to temporarily suspend our boarding services. We will continue to provide grooming services.
- Sanitizing protocols: We have increased our already rigorous sanitization protocols. We will be continuing to sanitize commonly touched areas such as door knobs, counters, keyboards, pens, etc multiple times during the day. Our staff has been instructed to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer after EVERY interaction.
We understand that this is a stressful time for everyone and appreciate you working with us to ensure everyone’s safety. As this outbreak continues to evolve, so will our response. Know that we are here for you and your pet, so don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Hampton Veterinary Hospital has an established history of providing the highest level of pet care in the Seacoast region. Our mission is to do all that we can to ensure a happy and healthy life for your pet. Our knowledgeable team is dedicated to building lasting relationships with our extended pet family.
We are an AAHA-accredited veterinary hospital offering a wide range of advanced services delivered with a personal touch.
Latest "Mews" from Hampton Veterinary Hospital
All of us at Hampton Veterinary Hospital are dedicated to providing your pet with the best care possible -
your pets, our passion!